After Mr. Bongino posted another video on Tuesday — while his second suspension was still active — YouTube decided to remove both of his channels permanently for trying to skirt the company’s rules.
“We terminated Dan Bongino’s channels for circumventing our terms of service by posting a video while there was an active strike and suspension associated with the account,” YouTube, a unit of Google, said in a statement. The company clarified that Mr. Bongino was not allowed to use, own or create any other YouTube channels.
Mr. Bongino did not immediately respond to a message seeking comment.
Last week, Mr. Bongino posted a podcast episode titled “I’m Daring YouTube to Do This.” On the show, he pledged to keep posting videos with his claims about masks, and he dared the company to take action.
In a video on Rumble, a YouTube competitor popular among right-wing audiences, Mr. Bongino showed an email that he claimed was sent to a YouTube official. In the email, he wrote that he knew it was only a “matter of time” until YouTube tried to “silence” him.
“I anxiously waited for this moment,” he wrote. Mr. Bongino also said that he was an investor in Rumble and that he had twice as many followers there as on YouTube. “I dare you to do something about it.”